Natural High Train the Trainer Workshop» 17/07/2008, Posted by Toni Ashmore
- Natural high panui -Cafe 4 youth June 08.doc 114 Downloads
Natural High is a resource that applies a mental health promotion approach to the issue of young people and the use of drugs and alcohol in Aotearoa, New Zealand.
Natural High provides a structure for looking at how young people use Drugs and Alcohol to manage emotional distress. It offers innovative ways to explore these issues with young people, particularly in group settings.
Natural High is a resource and training package for use with those from 14 - 20 years of age and is compatible with Education Curriculum requirements in Health and Physical
Natural High offers a flexible, non-judgemental and non-prescriptive way for kaimahi and young people to:
- Explore ideas of mental and emotional wellbeing using a 'Quality of Life' framework
- Apply a range of strategies to examine emotional issues connected with the use of drugs and alcohol
- Critically reflect on the use of drugs and alcohol in our society and practices to reduce harm
Natural High workshops...
- Are 2 days long, with a maximum of 20 people per workshop
- Train participants in the facilitation of Natural High with young people
- Costs $130 for 2 days training and the Natural High resource.
Or FREE to those under the YWTS Scheme through DIA.
Morning tea, Lunch, and afternoon tea supplied both days