'Hear and Say' Maori Language Pronunciation Workshop» 21/06/2011, Posted by Site Admin
- Maori Language 2011.pdf 69 Downloads
A 'Hear and Say' Maori Language Pronunciation workshop will be held by Settlement Support on:
Saturday 2 July 2011
9am - 3pm
Rotorua Arts Village, Corner Hinemoa and Hinemaru Streets, Rotorua
Get over your embarrassment, and embrace speaking Maori.
* Pronounce Maori words correctly, using letterhead puppets
* Use Maori greetings and farewells
* Say local place names, street names, lakes, mountains and names of people
The target group for this workshop is:
* Migrants and newcomers
* Those working in customer service, tourism, health, education, central and local government.
* Everyone over 16 years.
Cost: $25 (subsidized) includes lunch and refreshments.
Numbers limited to 18 participants.
See attached flyer or more information.
To confirm your attendance, contact Heather McAllister, Settlement Support Co-ordinator - 07 350 0533, firstname.lastname@example.org