Funding Opportunity for organisations working with high needs young people» 16/08/2011, Posted by Site Admin
Youth focused organisations working with high needs young New Zealanders (aged 12-24 years) are urged to apply for capacity building grants with The Vodafone New Zealand Foundation.
Capacity building grants, worth $20,000 have been established to support not for profit organisations working with high needs youth.
The types of initiatives suited to the capacity building grant include: training and development, strategic planning, programme evaluation, reviewing structures, processes, and systems and piloting new projects.
Established in November 2002, the Vodafone New Zealand Foundation has supported over 150 charitable community projects and donated over $11.5 million to charitable organisations, primarily in New Zealand. The mission of the Vodafone NZ Foundation is to encourage healthy outcomes for young New Zealanders.
Details around programme criteria and the online application process can be found below.
* Organisation must be registered with the Charities Commission (or have other not for profit status such as Incorporated Society)
* Organisation must be New Zealand based
* Organisation must work with higher needs young New Zealanders aged 12-24 years (facing multiple issues such as teen pregnancy/ parenting, educational or family distress, unemployment, anti-social behaviour, youth crime, drug and alcohol abuse, anti-social behaviour, mental health problems etc)
* Organisation must embrace the principles of the Youth Development Strategy Aotearoa including; utilising a strengths-based approach, ensuring young people are involved in decision making, working holistically with the young person and enabling the young person to make positive connections with their community, family, school, peers and networks
* The project must build organisation capacity (see definition on the Foundation website), have clearly defined outcomes, a clear plan for measuring success and provide a budget outline for how funds would be spent
* Previous Vodafone Foundation charity partners are eligible to apply for this programme.
The Grant Making programme does not support the following
* Retrospective costs;
* Programmes that support a single health issue;
* Programmes where beneficiaries are outside of New Zealand;
* Fundraising events, receptions or trips;
* Capital expenses
Apply for the Grant Making Programme online at http://foundation.vodafone.co.nz/what-we-fund/grant-making-programme
Applications open Monday 15 August and close Friday 23 September 2011, at 5pm.